|Half-Life Hostile Intent (1.5) - File Description
| Description: |
Hostile Intent for all intents and purposes is the thinking mans First Person Shooter. In Hostile Intent the player has to use cover wisely, conserve his ammo, work well with his teammates, use communication effectively, keep the mission at the forefront of his mind and especially keep his cool under fire. Those of you who have not played Hostile Intent before are in for a bit of a shock. Hostile Intent, all teams being of equal skill levels, is a very hard game. A very hard game for most players initially. It takes a few times to get the hang of the game mechanics and you have to observe other players and how they act and react but you will pick it up. Everyone does.
The basic concept comes from how we have played in the Tom Clancy Rainbow Six series of games but we have a smattering of Ghost Recon too. You, the player, have to take the mission slow, steady and careful in order to complete your mission and stay alive.
Clancy’s games have become very popular in the commercial market and they filled a much-needed nitch. The same goes for Hostile Intent. We are the only team based tactical shooter in the Half Life community that takes “realism”, real tactics, believable scenarios, and honestly takes them seriously enough to bring to you, the player.
| || || |
|Half-Life Hostile Intent (1.5) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Half-Life Hostile Intent (1.5) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Half-Life Hostile Intent (1.5) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
*** Added (New features) ***
-Added admin commands to server code. You no longer need adminmod/metamod to give admins basic administration abilities.
Commands can only be executed if the admin's steam id is located in the admins.txt.
hia_map <mapname> - Changes the map
hia_kick <player> - Kicks the player from the server
hia_config <config name> - Will change the servers default config to this and will execute the config file. Similar to the mapchangecfgfile command currently.
hia_nopass - removes the password on the server.
hia_pass <password> - sets a password on the server
hia_ff 0|1 - Sets friendly fire on and off.
hia_hostname "hostname" - changes the hostname on the server
hia_ban <player> Places a 10 minute ban on the player
hia_say "text" - Same as rcon say command from server.
hia_help - lists the available commands
- Capped the player speed reducing bunnyhopping and wall strafing.
- Added feature to shake your screen whenever you take damage or come close to grenade blasts.
- Server logs now contain additional information including objective usage, end of round stats, and basic player stats. Logs now conform to the HL Logging Standard.
- Any player whos ping on a server is zero (ie: hosting a listen server) will display the word "Host" instead of their ping.
- Whenever a player is near an objective the words "Objective Found" will appear on the screen. (Sometimes this happens in front of doors and we are addressing that issue)
- All new weapon sounds added
- New map: hi_bunker by kuebel
*** Changed features ***
- Updated the Admins icon on the scoreboard from a @ symbol to the letter A to co-inside with the Dev and Tester icons.
- Changed the background to AndroidXP's released splash screen.
- Improved the hitbox registration (not all hitbox problems are fixed yet and will be addressed in future updates)
- Death animations now work on all models
- Flashbang now takes 1.25 seconds to detonate instead of 2 previously.
- Shotgun damage was reduced due to hitboxes working.
- and much more!
|Half-Life Hostile Intent (1.5) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Half-Life 2 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 11 | Last comment: 01-13-2007 at 15:38
Joined: February 15th, 2004
|Why dl this when all these amazing HL2 mods are coming out.... |
Joined: January 1st, 2005
|#1 , you got one thing wrong, there aint no amazing HL2 mods coming out right now, we'll have to wait some more, and by the way, this page is also for hl1 fans |
Joined: October 10th, 2004
|This is going to turn into a flamefest towards HL1 mods. I just have that feeling whenever a HL1 mod is released. |
From: (kristiand sand)
Joined: March 31st, 2005
|i know! i admit that i cant stop playing hl2 and its currently released mods, but hostile intent is really a very good mod! if you say it sucks then you have either never played it and is a nooby idiot or dont have hl1 at all which means that you suck ratazz for not following the whole half life game story and its greatness i downloaded this the moment i saw it on this site and if you dont have hl1 then... too bad! you are really missing a great game! |
Joined: March 18th, 2005
|Flying bar is right. Why when all these AMAZING hl2 mods are out EXAMPLE : Garry's mod Garrys mod. and garrys mod! no wait i missed one... Garrys mod + and Garrys mod Phoenix mod and Garrys mod on wheels ] Audience: OK WE HEARD ENOUGH.] ok AND HGARRYS MOD! |
From: (Griffin, GA)
Joined: January 27th, 2004
|Hostile Intent owns and has been owning for quite a while. It owns much more than any HL2 mod out there. |
Oh wait. There aren't any total conversions for HL2 yet!
Joined: December 30th, 2004
|#6... Plan of attack oll: ? |
Joined: November 21st, 2004
|Hostile intent is THE BEST hl1 mod out. If they made this for HL2 it would even be better but i'm still gunna play it |
Joined: February 11th, 2006
|On behalf of the Hostile Intent Team and the HI community I'd like to thank you for your kind words, and just thought I'd mention that HI will be released on the Source engine, check the main site and our forums for all the info you need. |
The HL1 versions has been handed to the community to update and continue working with, while the team concentrates on the Source version. Not to mention HI is the only mod which caters to specific player needs right now, and I have yet to see a Source mod which comes close to what HI offers, when I do I assure you I'll be playing it, but for now Hostile Intent is where it's at
Joined: March 15th, 2006
|this if you like cs and want more realism get this. |
Joined: January 7th, 2007
|Is this game singleplayer? |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!